Categories

Friday, October 07, 2011

Filing California 540 or 540NR?

AskTaxGuru.com Junior Member, dhurandhar, asked:
Hi,
My wife and I are filing our taxes jointly for 2010. I was a resident of California in 2010. However, my wife was not a resident and all her income was from a different state. My question is:

1) Should I use Form 540 or 540NR for California tax return?
2) I should be able to deduct her income from California taxable income, shouldn't I? (we are already paying taxes in the other state for her portion of the income)

Thanks!

Click here to know what our tax gurus said or tell us what you think in the comments section below.

No comments:

Facebook Blogger Plugin: Bloggerized by AllBlogTools.com Enhanced by MyBloggerTricks.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...