Categories

Monday, November 07, 2011

J1 Visa holder became resident alien

AskTaxGuru.com Junior Member, muriegas, asked:

I was just notified by the J1 Visa holder that she became a resident effective April 29, 2011. Due to her J1 status, she was exempt from FICA taxes. Do I have to refile Form 941 for quarters 2 and 3 to include her taxable FICA/MHI wages? Her "back-taxes" are substantial, and I don't think she can give us the money right now to include in the payments we will be out of balance due to adding her taxable wages, but no employee tax. How do I show that on the Form 941? It will be out of balance. Or, do I wait until I file the 4th quarter Form 941 and include her taxable wages and tax? Thank you.



Click here to know what our tax gurus have said or if you know something about this to help muriegas' concern.

No comments:

Facebook Blogger Plugin: Bloggerized by AllBlogTools.com Enhanced by MyBloggerTricks.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...