Categories

Saturday, November 26, 2011

minimizing impact of taxes

AskTaxGuru.com Junior Member, Anonymoose, asked:

Hello all,

I'm currently a college student who's going to be working in the finance industry after college. My salary will be $100k base + $30-40k in bonus. According to tax bracket references, my federal tax would be 28%, and my state tax will probably be 5%. To be conservative, I'm estimating a 33% tax in total, which would leave me with around 90k post tax.

I've heard of people starting corporations to avoid excessive taxation, as well as investments. I consider myself a skilled investor and I definitely plan on investing some of my income, but I wanted to understand how that would affect my AGI.

For example, if I'm paid biweekly, I think federal and state taxes are directly deducted and I receive the post-tax amount. This means that I can't invest over 90k (roughly) because I'll never have that money, correct? (ignoring living expenses, etc).

Also, could someone explain how I could start a corporation to minimize taxation? I definitely don't want to do anything illegal, but I'd like to retain my income if I can.

Thanks. 


Click here to find out what our tax gurus have said or if you have an answer to Anonymoose's concern. 

No comments:

Facebook Blogger Plugin: Bloggerized by AllBlogTools.com Enhanced by MyBloggerTricks.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...