Categories

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Tax Form 8332 - Ask TaxGuru

Recently I remarried and changed my name, I havent changed the name on my social security card yet. A few years ago I signed the 8332 tax form for my ex-husband to claim our 4 children on his taxes for all furture years. After I change my name on my social security card do I need to sign another 8332 tax form with my new last name?
 
Answer:
 
#1;ok.however,just for reference, an 8332 signed for future years can be revoked by signing a different part of the form. It has to be given to the non-custodial parent, but it can be pretty hard to prove that it wasn't . You can also use Form 8832 to revoke a dependency exemption that you had previously released.A revocation is not immediate; it goes into effect for the year after you provide the noncustodial parent with a copy of the revocation.
 
#2;your ne name is not required to file form 8332 for yur ex; in lieu of form 8332, the noncustodial parent may attach a written declaration conforming to the substance of form 8332. To meet the requirements of IRC ,this statement must include the Name of the Click to Read More...

No comments:

Facebook Blogger Plugin: Bloggerized by AllBlogTools.com Enhanced by MyBloggerTricks.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...