Categories

Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Company Paid Foreign Taxes - Ask TaxGuru

I had international work in 2 countries and my company paid the income taxes directly to those countries for me and is paying a tax service to do my US taxes.

The duration of work was not sufficient to have any wages counted as foreign income (for US Tax purposes)

I believe the taxes paid by my company to these other countries should be converted to USD and included in my W-2 as 'other income'. If it is not included then the tax preparer cannot logically include a deduction for foreign taxes paid.

To me this seems logical, but in my experience accounting and taxes are not always as straight forward. I am just looking for clarification of the treatment of the foreign taxes as income or not.



Answer :

#1;Then, you can claim the expense on Sch A of 1040 as long as you itemize deductions on your return; if not, you can’t claim the expenses. The only way to take advantage of the tax preparation deduction is to file itemized tax return.


#2;as mentioned above, then, the tax person needs to make sure that he does include the amount for tax preparation on the appropriate line when preparing the taxes. You, as a Taxpayer, who incurs fees from tax preparation can deduct those Read More.....

No comments:

Facebook Blogger Plugin: Bloggerized by AllBlogTools.com Enhanced by MyBloggerTricks.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...