Categories

Friday, October 25, 2013

Self Employment Tax During Tax Loss Carry Forward Period



I have a tax loss carry forward from 1990 for tax year 2010 of $120,000 My tax loss covered any income I earned in 2010 but I did earn some gross S/E income.Does my tax loss wipe out my S/E tax?

Answer :

Self-employment income couldn't be offset with an NOL carryforward The Tax Court has concluded that an accountant was prohibited from offsetting his net earnings from self-employment with an NOL carryforward.As you know, as long as the amount on SchC line 29/31 is $400 or exceeds $400 then you need to file Sch SE and also as long as the amount on Sch SE linne 3/ 4 exceeds $400 or $400 then you need to pay SECA tax and you can deduct 50% or a little over more 505 of SECA tax onn 1040 line 27.

Visit Asktaxguru for Online tax help

No comments:

Facebook Blogger Plugin: Bloggerized by AllBlogTools.com Enhanced by MyBloggerTricks.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...