Categories

Thursday, September 29, 2011

NJ Resident Taking Job in NYC

AskTaxGuru.com Junior Member skwak asked:

Hello,

I am a NJ resident and have always worked in NJ. That made my income tax situation simple, pay the Federal Government and pay the State of NJ.

I am looking at taking a new position in NYC. The annual income will likely be $200K vs the $150K I make in NJ. What should I anticipate being my additional tax burden by taking this position? That is, regardless of who get my tax dollars, NJ, NY, NYC - what should I anticipate as my new tax rate?

Thanks to anyone who can help!


Here's what our Tax Guru has to say about it. How about you, what advice can you give to skwak?

No comments:

Facebook Blogger Plugin: Bloggerized by AllBlogTools.com Enhanced by MyBloggerTricks.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...